Skip to main content

Scoil Phádraig, Ballyhale, County. Kilkenny

Cill Chainnigh agus Seamróga abú!! (056) 7768915 Rolla No. 17628R

School History
Notice Board
Latest Photographs
About Ballyhale
History Project
About Us
Site Map
Contact Us
School Trips
Green Flag
Sports Day
World Book Day
Class Magazine
Iris Spoirt
Staff Celebrations
Board of Management
First Communion History
Confirmation History
Parent's Association
Art @ Scoil Phádraig
Junior Infants History
Cluichí na gCailíní

Bhí cluiche ag na cailíní ar Dé hAoine an tseachtain seo caite.  Bhí an bua againn tar eis am breise!  Bhí an cluiche thar barr! Bhí an cluiche in Inis Tiog.   Scóráil Eimear cúl iontach.Fuair Tara cúl agus fuair Eimear cúilín!.  Ag leath am bhí cómhscór ann. Baile Héil 2-1 agus Inis Tiog 2-1.   Sa dara leath scoráil Lusaí cúl agus fuair Eimear dha cúilín!  Scórail Tara cúl agus fuair Eimear cúl!  Scóráil Marita cúl iontach.  Sheid an réiteoir an feadóg!  Bhí  cómhscór ann!  Bhí gach duine ag scread “ am breise, am breise”.   In am bhreise scoraíl Inis Tiog cúilín agus scóráil Eimear dha cúilín! Shéid an reiteoir an feadóg arís. Bhí an bua againn!  D'imir gach imreoir ar an fhoireann cluiche iontach!
Míle buíochas do Ms McCormick ó gach imreoir ar an bhfoireann! Scríofa ag Lusaí Elvidge

It was a cold day as we arrived in Inistioge to meet our opponents The Rower Inistioge for our final Gaelic football match with ballyhale n.s. We had to change in the car as there was no changing rooms in the Inistioge pitch. The match started at 3.45pm. With an early goal from Tara Cody got us well on our way. When full time came Eimear Fitzpatrick, Lucy Elvidge and Marita Butler had both scored which made us level with the Rower. It was a great thrill when the referee called for extra time. Eimear Fitzpatrick led us to victory with her second point in extra time. The eam were so excited to have won our final match. Scoil Phádraig 6-5. The Rower Inistioge 6-4. On behalf of all the sixth class girls we would like to thank Ms. McCormick for all the time and effort she put into teaching us Gaelic and we won the match for her! Of course I would like to add that a parent bribed the sixth class girls before the match and this did spur us on!!! Scríofa ag  Sorcha Ní Ghráda

Cluichí na mbuachaillí

On the 25th of March Goresbridge/Paulstown were playing Ballyhale. Paulstown are looking for revenge after Ballyhale beat them in the football final. It was a realy sunny day and the sun was blinding. The match was in Paulstown so Paulstown has the advantage.

The match started at 4:00pm. Ballyhale had five chances and scored three pionts out of the five chances. The scores came from Joseph Cuddihy,Kevin Mullen and Darren Mullen. Paulstown scored one goal and three points in ten minutes. Conor Reid the Ballyhale goalkeeper hit the ball out,the Paulstown half forward got the ball on the wing, passed the ball to his team mate and he put the ball over the bar. The score was Paulstown 1:04 Ballyhale 0:03. Conor Reid hit the ball out and it went to Patrick Doyle he hit the ball to Luke Donnelly. Luke Donnelly passed the ball to Kevin Fennelly and he scored a goal. Darren Mullen took a couple of sixty five's and one free and he put them all over the bar The referee blew the whistle for half time. The score was Paulstown 1:04 Ballyhale 1:07.

In the second half Paulstown started strongly scoring two points in five minutes. Ballyhale went up and scored one goal and two points. those scores came from Luke Donnelly,Aidrian Mullen and Darren Mullen. Ballyhale got another goal from Joseph Cuddihy. Paulstown went up and scored one point. The game was like 50-50 at this stage but when Luke Donnelly got the ball on the wing he passed the ball to Joseph Cuddihy. Joseph hit the ball in and the ball hit the post but Paul Holden who had just come on as a sub pulled on the ball and it went straight to the net. Another goal came for Ballyhale.

Football Final

On November the 15th Ballyhale were playing Goresbridge/Paulstown in the Roinn B football final. It was played in Nowlan Park. The match started at 11:00am.

In the first half both Ballyhale and Paulstown had chances but wasted them. Just before half time Ballyhale got a free on the 21 yard line. Eugene Aylward came up,took the free and curled the ball over the bar to make the score Ballyhale 0:01 to 0:00 Paulstown. The Paulstown keeper kicked the ball out and the referee blew the whistle for half time.

The two teams had a team talk for 10 minutes. The referee blew the whistle and the two teams came back on the pitch. When the referee threw the ball up Kevin Mullen got the ball,kicked it in to Joseph Cuddihy who fisted the ball forward and bounced in front of the goal, Luke Donnelly vollied on the ball and it rattled the net. The Paulstown goaly kicked the ball out as far as his centre forward who caught the ball and put the ball over the bar. The score was Ballyhale 1:01 Paulstown 0:01.

When Conor Reid kicked the ball out Kevin Mullen caught the ball,came threw with the ball and kicked it over the bar. When the goaly for Paulstown kicked the ball out again Conor Phelan caught the ball and kicked it to Luke Donnelly, another goal for the Ballyhale boys. A goal and a point followed for Paulstown. The score was 2:02 to 1:02 in favour of Ballyhale. From here on it was all Ballyhale. A point from Kevin Mullen and a goal from Luke Donnelly sealed a great victory for Ballyhale. Ballyhale were Roinn B champions.

The final score was Ballyhale 3:03 Paulstown 1:02.